All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWeb Standards: Mastering HTML5, CSS3, and XML provides solutions to the most common web design problems, and gives you a deep understanding of web standards and how they can be implemented to improve your web sites. You will learn how to develop fully standards-compliant, mobile-friendly, and search engine-optimized web sites that are robust, fast, and easy to update while providing excellent user experience and interoperability. The book covers all major web standards for markup, style sheets, web typography, web syndication, semantic antations, and accessibility. This edition has been fully updated with the latest in web standards, including the finalized HTML5 vocabulary and the full list of CSS3 properties. Web Standards: Mastering HTML5, CSS3, and XML is also a comprehensive guide to current and future standards for the World Wide Web, demonstrating the implementation of new techlogies to address the constantly growing user expectations. Web Standards: Mastering HTML5, CSS3, and XML presents step-by-step guides based on solid design principles and best practices, and shows the most common web development tools and web design frameworks. You will master HTML5 and its XML serialization, XHTML5, the new structuring and multimedia elements, the most important HTML5 APIs, and understand the standardization process of HTML 5.1, HTML 5.2, and future HTML5 versions.
- Author BiographyLeslie F. Sikos, Ph.D., is a Semantic Web researcher at Flinders University, South Australia, specializing in semantic video annotations, ontology engineering, and natural language processing using Linguistic Linked Open Data. On the cutting edge of Internet technologies, he is a member of industry-leading organizations, such as the World Wide Web Consortium, the Internet Engineering Task Force, and the Internet Society. He is an invited editor and journal reviewer actively contributing to the development of open standards. Dr. Sikos is the author of 15 textbooks covering a wide range of topics from computer networks to software engineering and web design. Devoted to lifelong learning, he holds multiple degrees in computer science and information technology, as well as professional certificates from the industry. Thanks to his hands-on skills, coupled with a pedagogical background, he can introduce technical terms and explain complex issues in plain English.Dr. Sikos creates fully standard-compliant, mobile-friendly web sites with responsive web design--complemented by machine-readable annotations--and develops multimedia applications leveraging Semantic Web technologies. He works on the standardization of Linked Data implementations for the precise identification, description, and classification of multimedia fragments, advancing the traditional video annotation techniques. Inspired by the creation and exploitation of rich Linked Open Data datasets, he proudly contributes to the Open Data and Open Knowledge initiatives. For more information, visit www.lesliesikos.com.
- Author(s)Leslie Sikos
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication24/12/2014
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note74 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight979 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.