All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBreaking open colonization to reveal tangled cultural and ecomic networks, Webs of Empire offers new paths into colonial history. Linking Gore and Chicago, Maori and Asia, India and newspapers, whalers and writing, empire building becomes a spreading web of connected places, people, ideas, and trade. These links question narrow, national stories, while broadening perspectives on the past and the legacies of colonialism that persist today. Bringing together essays from two decades of prolific publishing on international colonial history, Webs of Empire establishes Tony Ballantyne as one of the leading historians of the British Empire.
- Author BiographyTony Ballantyne is a professor of history, head of the Department of History and Art History, and director of the Centre for Research on Colonial Culture at the University of Otago in New Zealand.
- Author(s)Tony Ballantyne
- PublisherUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Date of Publication10/04/2014
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Weight744 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine29 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.53
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.09
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.43
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.