All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJohn Broome has made major contributions to, and radical invations in, contemporary moral philosophy. His research combines the formal method of ecomics with philosophical analysis. Broome's works stretch over formal axiology, decision theory, philosophy of ecomics, population axiology, the value of life, the ethics of climate change, the nature of rationality, and practical and theoretical reasoning. Weighing and Reasoning brings together fifteen original essays from leading philosophers who have been influenced by the work and thought of John Broome. It aims to offer a comprehensive evaluation of Broome's wide-ranging and far-reaching philosophical works over the past thirty years. The volume comprises two parts. The first part is focused on Broome's work on the theory of value, as exemplified in his books Weighing Goods, Weighing Lives, Ecomics out of Ecomics, and Climate Matters. The second part is focused on his work on practical and theoretical reasoning, which culminated in his Rationality through Reasoning. This volume also includes a piece by Broome on his intellectual history to date.
- Author BiographyIwao Hirose is an Associate Professor at the Philosophy Department and the School of Environment, McGill University. He is the co-author of Moral Aggregation, Egalitarianism, and The Ethics of Health Care Rationing with Greg Bognar, and co-editor of The Oxford Handbook of Value Theory with Jonas Olson. Andrew Reisner is an Associate Professor of Philosophy at McGill University. He received a DPhil in Philosophy from Oxford University and is co-editor of Reasons for Belief with Asbjorn Steglich Petersen.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication19/03/2015
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight554 g
- Width163 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byAndrew Reisner,Iwao Hirose
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.