Welcome to the Desert of Post-Socialism: Radical Politics After Yugoslavia by Verso Books (Hardback, 2015)
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume offers a profound analysis of post-socialist ecomic and political transformation in the Balkans, involving deeply unequal societies and oligarchical democracies. The contributions deconstruct the persistent imaginary of the Balkans, pervasive among outsiders to the region, who see it as more than a repository of ethnic conflict, corruption and violence. Providing a much needed critical examination of the Yugoslav socialist experience, the volume sheds light on the recent rebirth of radical politics in the Balkans, where new groups and movements struggle for a radically democratic vision of society. From the Trade Paperback edition.
- Author BiographySrecko Horvat is a philosopher from Croatia. Together with Slavoj Zizek, he is the author of What Does Europe Want? The Union and Its Discontents. Igor Stiks is a Senior Research Fellow at the University of Edinburgh. He is the author of two novels, A Castle in Romagna and Elijah's Chair. From the Trade Paperback edition.
- PublisherVerso Books
- Date of Publication06/01/2015
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVerso Books
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byIgor Stiks,Srecko Horvat
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.