CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionThis book revises and refreshes both the text and the design of Margaret Withers' hugely popular and successful course book, Welcome to the Lord's Table, first published in 1999. The course book material covers all the key elements of what it means to be on the Christian journey and helps the child, together with his or her family and the congregation as a whole, to move towards the child's Holy Communion. The material is divided into ten units, with four opportunities to mark the journey with the worshipping community as the course progresses. The course book contains revised information concerning Child Protection and CRB clearance and has relevant contact information and website addresses. An activity book for the child to own and complete accompanies the course book.
- Author BiographyMargaret Withers took up her role as the Archbishop's Officer for Evangelism among Children in June 2001. Formerly Children's Work Adviser for the Diocese of Rochester, she taught in several Inner London schools and for the Open University before becoming a Diocesan Children's Adviser in 1989. During her years as a Diocesan Adviser, she became heavily involved in providing training and support for voluntary children's leaders in parishes. In 1996, while Children's Officer for the diocese of Chelmsford, she established children's work as an integral part of Reader training as well as providing a similar input to several theological courses. The increasing demand for simple basic training for inexperienced leaders led to her writing a four-evening course for a group of parishes in 1998. This formed the basis of her book, Fired up... Not Burnt Out, which was published by BRF in 2001. She is also author of The Gifts of Baptism, Welcome to the Lord's Table and Where are the children? also published by BRF.
- Author(s)Margaret Withers
- PublisherBRF (The Bible Reading Fellowship)
- Date of Publication24/05/2013
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationAbingdon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBarnabas for Children
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight253 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.