All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWelding: Skills, Processes, and Practices for Entry-Level Welders is an exciting new series that has been designed specifically to support the American Welding Society's (AWS) SENSE EG2.0 training guidelines. Offered in three volumes, these books are carefully crafted learning tools consisting of theory-based texts that are accompanied by companion lab manuals, and extensive instructor support materials. With a logical organization that closely follows the modular structure of the AWS guidelines, the series will guide readers through the process of acquiring and practicing welding kwledge and skills. For schools already in the SENSE program, or for those planning to join, Welding: Skills, Processes, and Practices for Entry-Level Welders offers a turnkey solution of high quality teaching and learning aids.
- Author BiographyLawrence Bower is a qualified Welding Inspector and Educator, teaching at Blackhawk Technical College, an AWS SENSE School in Wisconsin. His background as an aerospace welder in the US Navy plus fourteen years at United Airlines make him a valuable contributor to the book. Larry Jeffus is a welder with over 55 years of welding experience, and he has his own well-equipped welding shop. In his welding career he has passed many welding certification tests in a wide variety of processes, positions, and on many different material types and thicknesses. Larry has provided welding and professional consulting services locally, nationally, and internationally to major corporations, small businesses, government agencies, schools, colleges, and individuals. He is a Life Member of the American Welding Society. Larry Jeffus has over forty years experience as a dedicated classroom teacher and is the author of several Delmar Cengage Learning welding publications. Prior to retiring from teaching, Professor Jeffus taught at Eastfield College, part of the Dallas County Community College District. Since retiring from full-time teaching, he remains very active in the welding community, especially in the field of education. He serves on several welding program technical advisory committees and has visited high school, college, and technical campuses in more than forty states and four foreign countries. Professor Jeffus was selected as Outstanding Post-Secondary Technical Educator in the State of Texas by the Texas Technical Society. Professor Jeffus has served for 12 years as a board member on the Texas Workforce Investment Council in the Texas Governor's office where he works to develop a skilled workforce and bring economic development to the state. He served as a member of the Apprenticeship Project Leadership Team where he helped establish apprenticeship training programs for Texas, and he has made numerous trips to Washington lobbying for vocational and technical education. Larry Jeffus holds a Bachelor of Science Degree and has completed post graduate studies.
- Author(s)Larry F. Jeffus,Lawrence Bower
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication17/05/2009
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Content Notecolour illustrations, black & white line drawings, colour line drawings, black & white tables, figures
- Weight462 g
- Width218 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition StatementInternational edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.