All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWelfare Reform in Canada provides systematic kwledge of Canadian social assistance by assessing provincial welfare regimes and emphasizing changes since the late twentieth century. The book examines activation, social investment, and ecomic inequalities and provides nuanced perspectives on social welfare across Canada's provinces in relation to trends and issues in the country and beyond. These conceptual, international, and historical perspectives inform in-depth case studies of social assistance reform in each province. The key issues of social assistance in Canada, including gender relations, immigrants, Aboriginal peoples, and the impact of activation programs, are addressed, as is the possibility of convergence taking place in provincial welfare policy. This book is the second volume in the Johnson-Shoyama Series on Public Policy, published by the University of Toronto Press in association with the Johnson-Shoyama Graduate School of Public Policy, an interdisciplinary centre for research, teaching, and executive training with campuses at the Universities of Regina and Saskatchewan.
- Author BiographyDaniel Beland holds the Canada Research Chair in Public Policy at the Johnson-Shoyama Graduate School of Public Policy, and specializes in fiscal and social policy. Pierre-Marc Daigneault is Assistant Professor of Political Science at Universite Laval, and specializes in social policy, policy theories, program evaluation, and research methods.
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication18/09/2015
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleThe Johnson-Shoyama Series on Public Policy
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight800 g
- Width161 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Edited byDaniel Beland,Pierre-Marc Daigneault
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.