All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe paperback edition of the IPPY Silver Award-winning ebook!Sometimes you have to go off-planet to discover where you belong. In the tradition of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy comes Welfy Q. Deederhoth: Meat Purveyor, World Savior, a heartwarming story of friendship, adventure, and luncheon meats. Orphan, product of the foster care system, Welfy is a homeless runaway struggling to survive, uncertainly navigating the streets of New York City with his only friend Harlan Mills. Soon after he finds work at Gramercy Deli, he stumbles into an alternate universe where he's believed to be The One in a dirty apron prophesied to lead the Brundeedle race out of Woe Time. Understandably, Welfy has his doubts. Reach into your apron pocket! urges Princess Nnnn of the Brundeedles, as Ceparids-a violent species bent on Brundeedle destruction-surround them. More than a little perplexed, Welfy swivels, rears, miraculously avoids getting killed by Ceparid missiles as he fumbles in his apron's front pocket, and pulls out-a slice of baloney. Can a homeless teen from New York City, armed mostly with deli foods, save an alien race from extinction? The answer is t what you might think. New edition with bonus material:
- Articles from a genuine Brundeedle news outlet: translate them into English, if you can!
- A preview of the forthcoming Case Files of Erasmus Twiddle, a re-imagining of Eric Laster's first kids' book, with new illustrations by Max Graenitz.
- Author BiographyA ghostwriter of New York Times-bestselling YA fiction, Eric Laster is now optimistic that admitting his corporeal existence to the public won't be a bad thing. His greatest ambition is to wield his writing pencil much as the best deli-folk wield their foodstuffs-deliciously. Welfy Q. might never have been completed if Eric hadn't shared an early draft with 5th - 7th graders at the CHIME Charter School in Woodland Hills, California, after a day-long appearance. Hello, CHIME students! Originally from New York City, Eric now lives in Los Angeles, where he pens fiction and provides writing and editing services to publishing and marketing clients. About the Illustrator Originally from the Bavarian Alps, Max sold his beloved yodeling gear to fund a move to Los Angeles, where he has worked on animation for Disney, Dreamworks, Fox, Amblination, Jersey Films, and many other companies. He's the creative director at Pickle House, which is neither a house made of pickles nor a house in which pickles are pickled, but rather, a boutique agency specializing in animation. Married, with two children, he enjoys gulping tea and taking long skateboard rides in the park-often at the same time!
- Author(s)Eric Laster
- PublisherOpsimath Press
- Date of Publication20/05/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOpsimath Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Max Graenitz
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.