Well Women: Healing the Female Body Through Traditional Chinese Medicine by Marie E. Cargill (Paperback, 1998)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.69Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $15.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConfronted almost weekly with media coverage of often conflicting medical research findings, women are looking for ways to put this information into perspective. They are also seeking in increasing numbers alternatives to conventional Western medical care. Traditional Chinese medicine has been found to successfully treat many women's health problems, while keeping risks and costs low and preventing adverse side effects. Well Women is the layperson's introduction and guide to the use of acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine in the treatment of the most common gynecological problems occurring from puberty to beyond mepause. It offers numerous case histories of women whose symptoms improved or disappeared after treatment by traditional Chinese medical methods. The book presents a strong body of evidence supporting the use of these treatments as alternatives or accompaniments to conventional surgery and drugs, while providing specific suggestions for preventing illness. Refreshingly upbeat, Well Women encourages the understanding of life changes as healthy events. Organized to be accessible to the general reader, Well Women is divided into chapters including The Cycle, Eliminating Premenstrual Syndrome, Abrmal Changes, Infections, Pregnancy, Postpartum Disorders, Infertility, Mepause, and Life Extension. Each section provides an overview of common dysfunctions and illnesses and, through numerous examples from the author's own practice as an acupuncturist and herbalist, specific remedies that have proven effective for ordinary women. The author explains how acupuncture, herbal medicines, dietary supplements and exercise have cured illness, mitigated the side effects of cancer treatment, and lessened the predisposition to infection and the effects of aging. Women will feel empowered by this book's practical advice for seeking out health care options they can live with.
- Author BiographyMARIE E. CARGILL is a Licensed Acupuncturist and registered herbalist in the Boston area. She is the author of Acupuncture: A Viable Medical Alternative (Praeger, 1994) and lectures at the New England School of Acupuncture. Ms. Cargill is nationally known for her work in wholistic veterinary care. She is featured in Dr. Susan Love's Breast Book for her work in alternative treatments for cancer.
- Author(s)Marie E. Cargill
- Date of Publication24/02/1998
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight181 g
- Width139 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.