All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNancy Carini, a technical writer and researcher for most of her career, put fingers to keyboard on the first day of her retirement. Each day's journal entry became more enjoyable, uplifting and thought provoking. By her last entry on Day 30, she was reluctant to end this journey. Join Ms. Carini as she learned to embrace her new freedom. Meet her trusted buddy-in-retirement, Rudy, a 12-year old Jack Russell Terrior, who had to learn to share his home turf with this new intruder, who was w around the house all the time. What Ms. Carini came to realize was that retirement is well worth the wait. She encourages all to look forward to this exciting transition. I love retirement...I feel like a kid who has moved into a new neighborhood. I keep running into neighbors during the day - people I rmally didn't see because I was working - who are retired. They're my new friends, my potential buddies. I never knew there were so many retired people.
- Author BiographyOver the span of 40 years, Ms. Carini began her career as a chemist and ended as a marketing executive at an investment management firm. Along the way, she taught in public schools and colleges, was a special librarian in the aerospace industry, earned numerous advanced degrees and published a dozen insurance-related research studies. Although apprehensive about ending this cycle of on-the-go all the time, Ms. Carini adapted to being a freedom-loving retiree in less than 30 days.
- Author(s)Nancy Carini
- Date of Publication12/02/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight163 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.