All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt is w 18 years since The Ecomist ran the first of its eye-catching 'White out of Red' posters. As this book points out, their 'vibrancy and visibility' have w established them as 'part of the urban landscape'. Well-written and Red is the story of this influential advertising campaign, written by one of Britain's most respected advertising copywriters, Alfredo Marcantonio. As an ex-Director of AMV BBDO he paints a remarkably insightful picture, t only of the conception and development of the award-winning creative work, but also of the Agency/Client relationship that has nurtured it. Marcantonio weaves together the recollections of those actually involved, putting events into context or stressing their importance, by citing lessons he has learnt in his own distinguished career. This is clearly a 'must-have publication' for advertising, marketing and the media. However, poster headlines like 'In real life the tortoise loses' mean that it will appeal to anyone who appreciates wit and style. Whilst readers from outside the industry won't be fazed by the vagaries of the creative process, they may be surprised to discover the disciplined strategic thinking and tight advertising briefs that inspire it. And the way that subtle shifts in emphasis have helped the campaign remain relevant in changing times. This 256 page volume features almost 200 of the advertisements that have helped The Ecomist increase its UK circulation from just over 80,000 in 1987 to almost 160,000 today. It represents a testimony to the power of posters, confirmation that it can pay to advertise and proof that 'funny' need t be the enemy of 'money'.
- Author BiographyAs a writer and Creative Director, Marc has been involved in the development of some of Britain's most successful and most popular campaigns, including Hamlet, Heineken, Stella Artois, BMW, BT and Carling Black Label. Marc co-authored 'Remember those great VW ads?' which is now in its fourth edition and was invited to contribute to 'The Copy Book', a compilation that set out to showcase the work of the world's best copywriters.
- Author(s)Alfredo Marcantonio
- PublisherHarriman House Publishing
- Date of Publication28/09/2006
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationPetersfield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarriman House Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1678 g
- Width220 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.