All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe famously hard-fighting Irish regiments of the British Army distinguished themselves t only in many of the main Peninsular battles, but also in several dramatic, but lesser kwn actions. This work contains new research into the uniforms and insignia - as well as the battle history - of the Irish regiments of Wellington's army that fought in the Peninsula from 1808 until 1814. It details the 88th Foot (Connaught Rangers), the 27th Foot (Enniskillens), the 4th Royal Irish Dragoon Guards and many others.
- Author BiographyMike Chappell comes from an Aldershot family with British Army connections stretching back several generations. He enlisted as a teenage private in the Royal Hampshire Regiment in 1952 and retired in 1974, as RSM of the 1st Battalion The Wessex Regiment (Rifle Volunteers). He began painting military subjects in 1968 and since then has gained worldwide popularity as a military illustrator. Mike has also written and illustrated many books in the Osprey Military list.
- Author(s)Mike Chappell
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication19/02/2003
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleMen-at-Arms
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 382
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note40 b&w and 8 colour illustrations
- Weight167 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.