Wellness, Not Weight: Health at Every Size and Motivational Interviewing by Cognella Academic Publishing (Paperback / softback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $135.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $142.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWellness, Not Weight: Health at Every Size and Motivational Interviewing, brings a new, well rounded perspective to issues of weight, health and helping people change behavior. While many texts in the areas of health sciences and nutrition discuss specific, singular approaches to weight loss, this book is the first to address Health at Every Size (HAES), Motivational Interviewing (MI), and a n-diet, wellness approach to managing health and weight within one comprehensive text. The book is divided into three parts. Part One explores the three basic concepts of the book, the argument for a focus on wellness rather than body weight, the Health at Every Size paradigm, and Motivational Interviewing. Part Two provides more detailed background information for professionals and academics. It presents the science behind the approaches. Included articles offer clear, cogent explanations of potential risks and failures in a weight-centered approach to health, as well as discussions of the risks of a weight centered approach, including disordered eating and body image issues. This section of the book also provides information on how rigid attachment to dietary guidelines can be harmful to consumers, with a special exploration of the dangers posed to children. Part Two ends with articles exploring the need for size acceptance, teaching the concept of Health at Every Size, and the importance of teaching Health at Every Size ideas in the training of health care professionals. Part Three of the book helps health care professionals communicate a n-diet approach to clients and patients, as well as a discussion of the use of Motivational Interviewing techniques with a n-diet approach. Moving away from traditional approaches to weight loss, the included chapters discuss mindful eating, the eating competence model, practical steps for improving health, and n-dieting and spirituality. Wellness, Not Weight: Health at Every Size and Motivational Interviewing speaks to the emerging movement emphasizing wellness, t weight. Written with passion and insight, the book encourages people to urish and exercise their bodies in healthy, loving and joyous ways. This book can be used in Health Sciences, Nutrition and Food Science, and Public Health courses. It is also useful for courses in Sociology, Psychology, and Women's Studies. Ellen Glovsky, Ph.D, RD, LDN is a Registered Dietitian and a member of the teaching faculty at Northeastern University in Boston, MA. Dr. Glovsky conducts workshops and consultations on Motivational Interviewing (MI) for a variety of organizations around the US. She is a member of the Motivational Interviewing Network of Trainers (MINT), the international professional organization of MI practitioners and trainers. Dr. Glovsky maintains a private practice in which she offers treatment for eating disorders and weight management.
- PublisherCognella Academic Publishing
- Date of Publication28/08/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCognella Academic Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight576 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byEllen R Glovsky
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.53
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.09
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.43
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.