All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis manuscript, entitled Welsh Court Poems , is the first of ten projected volumes in the new Library of Medieval Welsh Literature series, under the general editorship of Dr Nerys Ann Jones (University of Edinburgh) and Prof. Erich Poppe (University of Marburg). The aim of the series is to make Middle Welsh literature available to English-speaking scholars and students who wish to study it in the original language. In keeping with this aim, Welsh Court Poems makes the poetry of the twelfth and thirteenth centuries available for the first time to this readership. Welsh Court Poems presents 33 of the 236 poems published by the Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies. The poems are in the original Middle Welsh but all the scholarly apparatus is in English, thus giving a point of entry to this poetry for English-speaking scholars and students - t only those interested in Middle Welsh poetry itself, but also those researching comparative literature in other languages (particularly Irish bardic poetry), other periods of Welsh literature, and history. The volume contains a bibliography, an introduction, the text of 33 poems, extensive tes and a full vocabulary.
- Author BiographyDr Rhian Andrews is based at the department of Celtic Studies at Queen's University Belfast. Dr Andrews published a Welsh language title on the poets of the latter half of thirteenth century Wales with UWP in 1996. She has also contributed numerous articles to various historical and Welsh language journals.
- Author(s)Rhian M. Andrews
- PublisherUniversity of Wales Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2007
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleLibrary of Medieval Welsh Literature
- Place of PublicationWales
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintUniversity of Wales Press
- Content Notemaps
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.