All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.55
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough Wasserstein calls herself a humanist, her works reflect a political rhetoric, if cloaked in humor, that she herself could t imagine to be anything but feminist. Shaped by literal, cultural, and materialistic feminist theory, Wasserstein illustrates the impact of the women's movement on the lives of her female characters. The five major works, with their near-sequel effect, let us see her characters' college years, mid-twenties, mid-thirties and middle age. Through the use of a newly devised critical context called fem-en(act)ment, or textual or performance drama that is guided by feminist disposition thematically and stylistically, the author here allows for a fresh reading of the Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright.
- Author BiographyGail Ciociola is an adjunct instructor of drama and poetry at Villanova University in Philadelphia.
- Author(s)Gail Ciociola
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/04/2005
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Notenotes, bibliographies, index
- Weight249 g
- Width147 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.