Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionWe're Still Moving is one of the titles in the Starter level of Mactracks. Mactracks is a series of fiction and n-fiction books for children and teenagers learning English as a second language. The titles are graded according to the reader's age, interests and language skills. Although intended to meet an educational need, care has been taken to ensure that the books are far more than simple texts for reading practice. There are four levels of Mactracks: level 1 (starters) and level 2 (sprinters) are designed for the upper primary school age group and level 3 (runners) and level 4 (winners) are aimed at the lower to middle secondary school age group. Mactracks are designed to be read for pleasure as well as for information and to encourage children to develop good reading habits. They are fully illustrated and aim to be topical in content. This reader is about Vera Ngoye and her family who although poor, are still moving . Her mother cooks and cleans for the bad-tempered Mr Chungo, the acting school headmaster. Vera teaches herself to type from a book of lessons she finds in the new school book box. When the book box goes missing Mr Chungo quickly says Vera and her mother have stolen it. But who is the real thief? The answer is surprising.
- Author(s)Damian Morgan
- PublisherMacmillan Education
- Date of Publication30/11/1994
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Series TitleMactracks S.
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Education
- Content Notecol.Illustrations
- Weight95 g
- Width138 mm
- Height215 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Reading AgeFrom 9 to 10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.