All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn keeping with the traditions of deve1opmenta1 bio1ogy and geronto1ogy, there was a long incubation period before fu11 expres- sion of the plans for an International Conference on the Werner Syndrome and the pub1ication of the present mograph based upon the proceedings of that conference. The initial concept emerged at the Xlth International Congress. of Geronto1ogy, which took p1ace in Tokyo in 1978. Drs. G.M. Martin, Y. Fujiwara and Y. Mitsui met on that occasion to discuss ways of acce1erating the pace of research on this important disorder, inc1uding banking and sharing of ce11 cu1tures, establishment of patient registries, and p1anning of joint conferences and pub1ications. In November 1979, under the auspices of the Geronto1ogica1 Society of America and a conference grant from the National Institute on Aging of the U.S. National Institutes of Hea1th, a group of Japanese investigators (Drs. Fujiwara, Mitsui, M. Goto, T. Ishii, K. Oota and *T. Matsumura) met with Drs. Martin, D. Sa1k and W. Ted Brown to deve10p plans to implement the goals discussed at the initial Tokyo meeting. A workshop focused on the needs of ce11 banking and 1ed to an accumu1ation of research materials both in Japan (main1y under the leadership of T. Matsumura) and in the U.S.A. (with the cooperation of Dr. Arthur Greene of the Institute of Medica1 Research).
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication31/08/2012
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleAdvances in Experimental Medicine and Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number190
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1267 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Edited byDarrell Salk
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1985
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.64
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $24.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.