All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionJohn Wesley - Oxford don and itinerant preacher, intellectual and evangelist, author and man of action, upholder of the Church of England yet founder of ather world-wide demination, disagreeing with George Whitefield, yet preaching his funeral sermon - truly a many-sided man. It is wonder that he has had many biographers. Most books on Wesley have concentrated on his leading role in the Evangelical Revival. Wesley and Men Who Followed is more concerned with the spiritual explanation of a movement which, far from dwindling at his death, increased in momentum, breadth and transforming power. Drawing from original and often little-kwn Methodist sources, Iain Murray's thrilling study leads to conclusions that are of great relevance for the contemporary church. 'Was John Wesley deceived? Have our hymn-writers been deceived in their immortal songs? Was Saul of Tarsus deceived? Have we all been deceived?' So wrote one unhappy modern Methodist. The evidence Iain Murray provides demonstrates that this was t the case. The result is that Wesley and Men Who Followed points to the key to the recovery of authentic Christianity today.
- Author(s)Iain H. Murray
- PublisherThe Banner of Truth Trust
- Date of Publication29/05/2003
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Banner of Truth Trust
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Weight503 g
- Width142 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.