All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWessex is central to the study of early medieval English history; it was the dynasty which created the kingdom of England. This volume uses archaeological and place-name evidence to present an authoritative account of the most significant of the English kingdoms.
- Author BiographyBarbara Yorke is Professor of Early Medieval History at King Alfred's College, Winchester. She has worked widely on topics relating to Anglo-Saxon England, but has a particular interest in the history of royal houses and the kingdom of Wessex. Previous books include Kings and Kingdoms of Early Anglo-Saxon England (1990) and Wessex in the Early Middle Ages (1995). She is currently working on the topic of conversion and the early medieval royal courts.
- Author(s)Barbara Yorke
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/08/1995
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleStudies in the Early History of Britain
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLeicester University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight563 g
- Width229 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.99Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $21.91Trending at AU $29.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.