Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.73
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.11
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.59
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.82
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.93
- AU $24.80Trending at AU $28.01
About this product
- DescriptionWessex is central to the study of early medieval English history; it was the dynasty which created the kingdom of England. This volume uses archaeological and place-name evidence to present an authoritative account of the most significant of the English kingdoms.
- Author BiographyBarbara Yorke is Professor of Early Medieval History at King Alfred's College, Winchester. She has worked widely on topics relating to Anglo-Saxon England, but has a particular interest in the history of royal houses and the kingdom of Wessex. Previous books include Kings and Kingdoms of Early Anglo-Saxon England (1990) and Wessex in the Early Middle Ages (1995). She is currently working on the topic of conversion and the early medieval royal courts.
- Author(s)Barbara Yorke
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/08/1995
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleStudies in the Early History of Britain
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLeicester University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight563 g
- Width229 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.