Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionThe West Bromwich Corporation Act of 1913 gave the Corporation the powers to operate motor buses, the first of which were four Albion single-deckers that lasted for less than seven weeks before the chassis were commandeered for war work in October 1914. After the First World War, bus services began to expand across Britain and West Bromwich was exception; by the early 1930s there were routes to Great Bridge, Stone Cross, Hamstead, Streetly, Tantany, Black Lake, Hill Top, Greets Green and Smethwick and the Corporation's first joint route, to Walsall, had also been developed. The West Bromwich fleet was largely made up of single-deck vehicles until the mid-1930s, and after the Corporation's tramways were replaced on 1 January 1939, the Daimler COG6 became the standard double-decker, replaced during the Second World War by the Daimler CWA6 and nineteen Austerity buses. After the war, Daimler CVG6s and CVG6/30s became the vehicle of choice, in a beautiful blue livery that lit up West Bromwich. In this book, David Harvey looks at the West Bromwich Corporation bus fleet from 1914 to its last purchases of Daimler Fleetlines in 1969 just prior to being swallowed up by West Midlands PTE.
- Author BiographyDavid Harvey is a well-respected and authoritative author who has written extensively for Classic Bus magazine and has had many previous transport titles published by Amberley. He lives in Dudley in the West Midlands.
- Author(s)David Harvey
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/08/2014
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note233
- Weight454 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.