All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCharacters: 4 male, 4 female, possible doublingUnit SetYoung Lord Arthur is deliriously happy - just down from Oxford and engaged to be married - when a mysterious palm reader predicts that he will commit a murder. A proper English gentleman, Arthur believes it is his Duty to get this killing business over with before he marries. But his education has t provided him with the required skills, and a hilarious series of mishaps ensues as he sets about finding a victim. Oscar Wilde's short story Lord Arthur Savile's Crime is a clever mystery, written to indict the fate industry with whom late-19th-century aristocrats seemed so enthralled. The writer Rob Urbinati has molded the story into a briskly paced comedy of manners true to its author's greater spirit. A complete delight! - The New York Times Urbinati's adaptation is deft, using the source material to its fullest and beautifully fleshing out several mir characters only alluded to in the original story. - Backstage Rob Urbinati has done a truly marvelous thing: He's turned an infrequently read Oscar Wilde short story into a play that improves on the original. A Wilde ride indeed! -The New York Blade
- Author(s)Rob Urbinati
- PublisherSamuel French, Inc.
- Date of Publication23/11/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSamuel French, Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight91 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $91.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.