All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.00Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionBataan. North Africa. Sicily. Omaha Beach. The Ardennes. West Point 41: The Class That Went to War and Shaped America is an uplifting story of ordinary young men in extraordinary times, in extraordinary places, who graduated directly into the teeth of battle and displayed unwavering leadership, hor, duty, and determination. From Sandy Nininger, awarded the first Medal of Hor of World War II for his actions leading Filipi guerrillas in the early days of the war, to Charlie Fletcher, Ed Rowny, Paul Skowronek, Herb Stern, and dozens of others who quickly found themselves leading companies, battalions, and regiments, these young officers struggled with the fog and terror of war and early command. In a postwar era of unprecedented military latitude, they helped shape defense strategy, led development of America's rocket programs, and created the theory and practice of helicopter airmobile combat that came to dominate in Vietnam. In Europe, Asia, and with the Soviets, 41ers practiced diplomacy and tradecraft as architects of American Cold War policy. All the while, they clung tightly to tenets of duty and moral courage inculcated at West Point: often tested, but holding firm to the bonds that make up the Long Gray Line.
- Author BiographyANNE KAZEL-WILCOX is an author and global travel journalist with a background in public relations. PJ WILCOX is an author and broad gauge observer of history, military dynamics, and international subterfuge. They live in New York. LT. GEN. EDWARD ROWNY, West Point class of 1941, served in the U.S. Army with increasing responsibility and distinction until 1979, and was a presidential advisor until 1990.
- Author(s)Anne Kazel-Wilcox,Lt. Gen. Edward L. Rowny,P. J. Wilcox
- PublisherUniversity Press of New England
- Date of Publication03/06/2014
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationHanover
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of New England
- Content Note36 illus., 2 maps
- Weight748 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine32 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.