All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWest Virginia Politics and Government offers the only recent study of politics in the Mountain State. Combining new empirical information about political behavior with a close examination of the capacity of the state's government, this second edition is a comprehensive and pointed study of the ability of the state's government to respond to the needs of a largely rural and relatively low-income population. The authors discuss public demands on state government, the shaping of the political agenda by interest groups, elections and the role of political parties, and the influence of the federal government on the state's political and administrative functions. The book also examines the nature of the state's constitution and the role of governmental institutions, including the state legislature, the goverr, and the state bureaucracy, in the making of public policy and the construction of a state budget, as well as the judiciary and local governments. The concluding chapter assesses the future of governance in the state.
- Author BiographyRichard A. Brisbin Jr. is an associate professor of political science at West Virginia University. He is the author of A Strike Like No Other Strike: Law and Resistance during the Pittston Coal Strike of 1989-1990. Robert Jay Dilger is an assistant director and senior specialist in American national government at the Congressional Research Service in the Library of Congress. He is the coauthor of Welfare Reform in West Virginia. Allan S. Hammock is an associate professor emeritus of political science at West Virginia University. He is the coeditor of Points of View: Readings in American Government and Politics, 9th edition. L. Christopher Plein is an associate professor of public administration at the School of Applied Social Sciences at West Virginia University. He is the coauthor of Welfare Reform in West Virginia.
- Author(s)Alan S. Hammock,L. Christopher Plein,Richard A. Brisbin,Robert J. Dilger
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication25/12/2008
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Series TitlePolitics & Governments of the American States Series
- Place of PublicationLincoln
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Content Note12 tables, 1 map
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.