All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWell-kwn local history author Peter Tuffrey first became familiar with West Yorkshire railway stations when editing and publishing a smaller work on the subject in 1989. Now in 2011, and with the help of the internet, he believes it is time to augment and enlarge this information in a new book. One remarkable website he stumbled upon during his research and which helped him ermously was www.lostrailwayswestyorkshire.co.uk, run by an army of enthusiasts who have documented when lines were constructed, where they extended, what they included in terms of track layouts, bridges, signal boxes, stations etc., what has happened to them and what remains. He has also used two other sites: www.railwayramblers.org.uk and www.disused-stations.org.uk, both of which are maintained by the tireless and inspiring efforts of their various members. For illustrations Peter has used numerous picture postcards and the archives at the Yorkshire Post newspapers, as well as some ted railway photographers. This is the second of Peter's works on Yorkshire railway stations, as earlier in the year he produced a similar book on South Yorkshire railway stations.
- Author BiographyPeter Tuffrey was born in Doncaster in 1953. He studied Fine Art at Doncaster College of Art from 1970 to 1971 and then at Leeds University until 1974. He held the position of Keeper of Fine and Decorative Arts at Doncaster Museum and Art Gallery 1975-1995, was a freelance writer 1995-2000 and PR Media Consultant for Doncaster Rovers 2000-2002. He was Area Manager for the Music Ground Group of Companies 2003-2010. He is now working as a freelance writer. In his spare time, he has built up a massive photographic archive of the region's towns and villages. With this he has produced over fifty publications. He has also written many articles for local and regional newspapers. He lives in Doncaster.
- Author(s)Peter Tuffrey
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/07/2011
- SubjectTrains & Railways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note221
- Width172 mm
- Height248 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.21Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.