All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA mesmerizing and haunting (TheBoston Globe) vel of F. Scott Fitzgerald s last years in HollywoodLook out forCity of Secretscoming from Viking on April 26, 2016 In 1937, F. Scott Fitzgerald was a troubled, uncertain man whose literary success was long over. In poor health, with his wife consigned to an asylum and his finances in ruin, he struggled to make a new start as a screenwriter in Hollywood. Those last three years of Fitzgerald s life are the focus of Stewart O Nan s graceful and elegiac vel West of Sunset. With flashbacks to Fitzgerald s glamorous Jazz Age past, the story follows him as he arrives on the MGM lot, falls in love with brassy gossip columnist Sheilah Graham, begins work onThe Last Tycoon, and tries to maintain a semblance of family life with the absent Zelda and their daughter, Scottie. The Golden Age of Hollywood is brought vividly to life through the vel s romantic cast of characters, from Dorothy Parker and Ernest Hemingway to Humphrey Bogart. Written with striking grace and subtlety, this is a wise and intimate portrait of a man trying his best to hold together a world that s flying apart.
- Author BiographyStewart O Nan is the author of fourteen previous novels. He was born and lives with his family in Pittsburgh.
- Author(s)Stewart O'Nan
- PublisherPenguin Books
- Date of Publication29/12/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Books
- Weight249 g
- Width137 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.