All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMaster teachers and scholars, new co-authors Joshua Cole and Carol Symes integrate new and invative pedagogical tools based on their own teaching experiences into this best-selling brief text to help students think critically, retain key information, and make connections.
- Author BiographyJoshua Cole is Professor of History at the University of Michigan. Specializing in the social and cultural history of France since the Revolution of 1789, he earned his Ph.D. at University of California at Berkeley. He is the author of The Power of Large Numbers: Population, Politics, and Gender in Nineteenth-Century France (2000). Carol Symes is an Associate Professor of history and Director of Undergraduate Studies in the history department at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, where she has won the top teaching award in the College of Liberal Arts and Science. Her main areas of study include medieval Europe, especially France and England; cultural history; history of information media and communication technologies; history of theatre. Her first book was A Common Stage: Theater and Public Life in Medieval Arras (2007). Judith Coffin (Ph.D. Yale University) is Associate Professor at the University of Texas, Austin, where she won University of Texas President's Associates' Award for Teaching Excellence. Previously, she taught at Harvard University and the University of California, Riverside. Her research interests are the social and cultural history of gender, mass culture, slavery, race relations, and colonialism. She is the author of The Politics of Women's Work: The Paris Garment Trades, 1750-1915. Robert Stacey (Ph.D. Yale University) is Professor of History, Dean of the Humanities, and a member of the Jewish Studies faculty at the University of Washington, Seattle. A long-time teacher of Western civilizations and medieval European history, he has received Distinguished Teaching Awards from both the University of Washington and Yale University, where he taught from 1984 to 1988. He has authored and coauthored four books, including a textbook, The Making of England to 1399. He holds an M.A. from Oxford University and a Ph.D. from Yale.
- Author(s)Carol Symes,Joshua Cole,Judith Coffin,Robert Stacey
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication28/06/2012
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Out-of-print date23/12/2015
- Weight950 g
- Width218 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition StatementBrief Third Edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.