All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMy father and I live for the sea. He is the captain of the Cuffee Whale Boat and today I am his First Mate. Whale-watching is a hugely popular pastime: at least 13 million people take whale-watching trips each year. But in the past, whaling ships hunted these animals to use their blubber for fuel and their bones for fishing hooks. As the whale population thinned, fortunately hunting ceased. Now, whale lovers go out on boats just to get a glimpse of these giant endangered creatures. Narrated by a little girl out on the waves with her father, this is a story of marine history and the differences between then and w.
- Author BiographyLesa Cline-Ransome is the author of many picture books, including Young Pele: Soccer's First Star and Light in the Darkness. She lives in Rhinebeck, New York, with her family. G. Brian Karas has illustrated many bestselling books for children, such as Seals on the Bus and The Village Garage. He lives with his family in Rhinebeck, New York.
- Author(s)Lesa Cline-Ransome
- PublisherHenry Holt & Company
- Date of Publication20/01/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHenry Holt & Company
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width287 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)MR G Brian Karas
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,Picture book,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.