Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhale watching is one of the fastest-growing tourist activities in the world, attracting over four million people every year. This sumptuously illustrated book brings the exhilarating experience of whale watching to life for the whale and dolphin enthusiast. Whales, dolphins and porpoises are kwn collectively as cetaceans. Whale Watcher describes the world's species currently recognised with feature spreads on over 40 of the most frequently watched and fascinating species. For easy identification, families and species are described in descending order of size, from the blue whale to the tiniest dolphins and porpoises. Stunning action photography of each species is coupled with watching information, including guidance on where and when to watch, and how to identify the species from its behaviour and physical characteristics. The natural history and habitat of each animal is described, as well as the latest research on topics such as cetacean communication and social structure. There is also information on endangered species, responsible watching and conservation that make this an essential and comprehensive visual reference.
- Author BiographyTrevor Day trained as a zoologist and marine biologist before working for the United Nations Development Programme. He has written on whales, dolphins and porpoises in leading UK newspapers and magazines, including The Economist, Geographical and The Telegraph. His recent publications include Exploring the Ocean (Oxford University Press) and Marine Science on File (Facts on File).
- Author(s)Trevor Day
- PublisherThe Natural History Museum
- Date of Publication01/10/2006
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Natural History Museum
- Content Notecolour throughout
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.