Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.46+ AU $6.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhales and dolphins (Cetaceans) have captivated and intrigued humankind for centuries. They are incredibly diverse and have evolved a fascinating range of specializations to allow them, despite being air-breathing mammals, to exploit habitats ranging from the surface waters to the abyssal depths. Whales and Dolphins of the World is a stunningly illustrated celebration of their variety - there are over 80 species - behaviour and natural history. It describes what we kw of their lives such as feeding, reproduction, communication and social structures, and outlines the factors that affect them, from hunting to pollution. The strong relationship between our species and theirs is also considered, with a look at dolphin therapy, as are the pros and cons of whale- and dolphin-watching and what makes a good trip. A map of the world highlights the waters in which these mammals are found.
- Author BiographyMark Simmonds is the Director of Science at WDCS. He has authored and co-authored more than 100 papers, articles and reports on wildlife conservation and marine issues, and was joint editor of The Conservation of Whale and Dolphins - Science and Practice, 1996 and an editor and author of Oceans of Noise, published 2003. Mark is based in the UK and lives in Bath. Seapics.com is the world's leading provider of images of sealife and world oceans. Founded in 1985, it now represents the work of more than 200 photographers, including many world-famous underwater photographers.
- Author(s)Mark Simmonds
- PublisherNew Holland Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication30/11/2004
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNew Holland Publishers Ltd
- Out-of-print date06/12/2006
- Content Notemaps, 170 colour photos
- Weight1384 g
- Width255 mm
- Height330 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.14Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.