All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhalley is sheltered by the wooded hillside of Whalley Nab on the banks of the beautiful River Calder. At the heart of the Ribble Valley, it is one of Britain's most attractive and fascinating areas. Immersed in history, Whalley village emerged as early as the 600s. Highlights include Whalley Abbey, a medieval church and an array of architectural styles to be found in its buildings. Whalley & Around Through Time takes us on a full colour visual tour of the area, and shows, with old and new photographs and postcards, just how much has changed. Join Roger Frost and Ian Thompson as they show, through these carefully selected images, how history has influenced this small but beautiful part of Lancashire. This book has much to surprise and delight anyone who kws and loves the area.
- Author BiographyBurnley resident Roger Frost is a retired teacher and a Burnley Borough Councillor. Once the Mayor of the town he is now Chairman of the Burnley Civic Society, President of the Briercliffe Society and Vice President of the Burnley & District Historical Society. Roger writes the regular history column 'Peek into the Past' for the Burnley Express, he has written over 740 articles, and he also has a number of local history books to his name, many with his co-author Ian Thompson. Ian Thompson has had a long standing interest in all things paranormal from an early age. With family ties to Whitby it was only a matter of time before he became interested in Dracula and the connections with the town. In addition to writing Ian is also a keen tri-athlete and photographer and examples of his work can be seen on his website www.gaslightimagery.co.uk. Ian lives and works in Lancashire.
- Author(s)Ian Thompson,Roger Frost
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication28/10/2011
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note177 illustrations incl 124 colour
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.24Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.