All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith tips covering everything from artemisia to vetiver grass, What Can I Do with My Herbs? offers a fun and lively look at forty common herbs and the creative and useful things people do with them. Each herb description includes the plant's history and a list of popular uses, as well as helpful information about how to successfully grow them, how to enjoy them in the garden (watch the swallowtail butterflies and caterpillars that love fennel), or how to use them in the kitchen (substitute the yellow flowers of calendula for saffron). Judy Barrett even shares some of her favorite recipes, including lavender lemonade and thyme cheese rolls. Barrett also suggests uses for each specific herb outside the kitchen. Readers will learn how to bathe with basil, fight fungus with chamomile, fertilize with comfrey, clean house with rosemary, and much, much more. Gardeners, herbalists, and anyone interested in learning more about herbs will relish this compact and easy-to-understand practical guide to growing and enjoying these versatile plants.
- Author BiographyJUDY BARRETT, editor and publisher of the bimonthly magazine Homegrown, also is the author of Tomatillos: A Gardener's Dream, A Cook's Delight and How to Become an Organic Gardener in Seven Easy Steps. She lives in Taylor, Texas.
- Author(s)Judy Barrett
- PublisherTexas A & M University Press
- Date of Publication15/10/2009
- Series TitleW.L. Moody Jr. Natural History Series
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 40
- Place of PublicationCollege Station
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTexas A & M University Press
- Content Note40 colour paintings, index
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Victor Z. Martin
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.94
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.