Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $44.81
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.80
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.84
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.53
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $19.06
- AU $10.90Trending at AU $17.97
- AU $12.64Trending at AU $17.64
About this product
- DescriptionOne can, two can. Who can? You can! Using junk from the landfill site. Rusty cans and wood and wire, thrumming, strumming, day and night. In this inventive new collection of verse, Sheryl and Simon Shapiro introduce readers to 13 everyday objects that have been ingeniously reimagined into something else altogether. Color photographs of recycled objects are accompanied by lighthearted, jaunty poems in a variety of lengths and rhyming patterns. Kids will love identifying each reinvented item, and will marvel at how a shoe makes a great bird's nest, how old tin cans make a guitar, or how a car can be transformed into a bed! Complete with Francis Blake's lively color illustrations, What Can You Do With Only One Shoe? will delight young readers while introducing the idea of recycling and repurposing in a new and invative way.
- Author BiographySheryl and Simon Shapiro are the husband-and-wife team who wrote the rhyming picture books Better Together, Slither, Slide, What's Outside, and, most recently the Shapes and Spaces series. They live in Toronto, Ontario. Francis Blake's sharp-witted artwork appears in books, magazines, and advertising around the world. He illustrated Annick Press' recent revised edition of Nibbling on Einstein's Brain by Diane Swanson. He lives in London, England.
- Author(s)Sheryl Shapiro,Simon Shapiro
- PublisherAnnick Press Ltd
- Date of Publication09/01/2014
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationOntario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintAnnick Press Ltd
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight228 g
- Width190 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Francis Blake
- Format DetailsPicture book
- Interest AgeFrom 5
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.