All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionWith a foreword by Stephen Jay Gould First published in 1859, Charles Darwin s theory of evolution inalterably transformed our view of the history of life on the planet and along with it, how we understand ourselves, our origins, and our place in the world. As we stand before the dawn of a new century, this theory is still the source of heated debate. In medicine, psychology, sociology, and politics, controversial new ideas are being espoused to claim Darwin for their legitimacy, while religious opponents continue to press for their alternative theory of creationism to be taught in the public schools. To being light where there has been much heat, What Darwin Really Said offers an excellent introduction to this great thinker s discoveries, his view of human development, and the endurance of his theories against the test of time.
- Author BiographyBenjamin Farringtonwas emeritus professor of classics at University College in Swansea, Wales.
- Author(s)Benjamin Farrington
- PublisherSchocken Books
- Date of Publication04/01/1995
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchocken Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight174 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.