All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionWhat Did You Eat Yesterday? Is best described as part comic, part cookbook. In the narrative, a hard-working middle-aged gay couple in Tokyo come to enjoy the finer moments of life through food. After long days at work, Shiro and Kenji will always have down time together by the dinner table where they can discuss their feelings and enjoy delicately prepared home cooked meals. Not only is food incorporated into the narrative, but the frames actually take readers through the process of preparing meals in great detail, with recipes listed at the end of the chapters.
- Author BiographyOver the past decade few female comic artists have been as beloved or as recognized for their work internationally as Fumi Yoshinaga. Born in Tokyo, Japan in 1971, Yoshinaga is a graduate of Tokyo's prestigious Keio University. A lifelong comic artist and story teller, she made her perfessional debut in 1994 with her short series, <i> The Moon and the Sandals</i>, serialized in Houbunsha's monthly Boys Love anthology <i>Hanaoto</i>. Since her debut Yoshinaga has penned more than a dozen, with a good number of them having been adapted into motion pictures and animated TV series. Her work on <i>Antique Bakery</i> sent her into international fame and she has since been nominated in the United States for the <b>Eisner Award</b> for her titles - <i>Flowers of Life</i> and <i>Ooku</i>. In 2009 she was recognized with the <b>James Tiptree Award</b> for her literary contributions covering the topics of gender in speculative fiction in her title <i>Ooku</i>. Ouku also received the <b>Osamu Tezuka Award</b> and the <b>Shogakukan Manga Award</b>.
- Author(s)Fumi Yoshinaga
- PublisherVertical Inc.
- Date of Publication29/04/2014
- SubjectGraphic Novels: Manga
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVertical Inc.
- Content Note1
- Weight198 g
- Width140 mm
- Height191 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.