All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTalking with those who are dying can be difficult even in the best of circumstances. There is a need for guiding family members of the terminally ill, as well as friends, caregivers, and even those more experienced in talking with the dying--clergy, pastoral ministers, hospice workers, and medical personnel--in understanding the best ways this can be done. What Do I Say? provides that guidance. It comes from the heart of author Margrit Anna Banta who, in her work as a pastoral minister with the dying and terminally ill, ted the lack of an accessible resource for family and friends caring for a loved one that can help them in their conversations with the dying person. What Do I Say? covers both practical matters and spiritual and emotional topics, always mindful of the fact that many people in their final days are t able to talk about or express what they are going through. It touches on areas that should be addressed before someone dies, such as a will, DNR orders, funeral planning, and other topics, and gives suggestions for what to do if someone is n-communicative or unconscious. The last chapter includes prayers to say when family and friends visit with their loved one. This is t a comprehensive end-of-life planning or medical guide, but a brief overview of how to communicate with someone who is dying. Above all, the book stresses that conveying a sense of loving presence and a willingness to listen are usually what is most needed.
- Author BiographyMargrit Anna Banta leads a grief support group at Holy Trinity Parish in Norfolk, Virginia. She holds a master's degree in religious education from the Catholic University of America. Among her published works are the student and teacher's manuals for the I Call You Friends series (grades 7-12), Parish Reconciliation Services, Reconciliation Services Through the Church Year, and Words of Comfort As You Grieve.
- Author(s)Margit Banta
- PublisherSt Anthony Messenger Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication31/10/2014
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCincinnati
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Anthony Messenger Press,U.S.
- Weight77 g
- Width135 mm
- Height184 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.