All listings for this product
About this product
- Description15 years ago, peaches exploded onto the scene with the single Fuck the Pain Away.' Since 2000, Peaches has become a symbol of progressive (and transgressive) pop culture, shattering gender stereotypes, promoting sex positivity and constantly pushing through boundaries of art and performance. WHAT ELSE IS IN THE TEACHES OF PEACHES presents a mesmerising collection of Holger Talinski's evocative and sometimes erotic photos of transgressive musical icon Peaches, on and off stage, with accompanying commentary from Michael Stipe, Yoko O and Ellen Page.'
- Author BiographyPeaches, born Merrill Nisker in Toronto, is a musician, singer, performance artist, producer, filmmaker, actor, and writer, who has lived and worked in Berlin since 2000. She has released four albums-- The Teaches of Peaches, Fatherfucker, Impeach My Bush, I Feel Cream --and a new album is forthcoming. She has collaborated and appeared as a guest vocalist on albums by P!nk, R.E.M., Iggy Pop, Major Lazer, and Christina Aguilera, to mention a few. Her songs have been featured in dozens of films and TV shows including Mean Girls, Lost in Translation, Whip It, 30 Rock, Ugly Betty, South Park, and True Blood. Peaches has performed in more than fifty countries and has constantly toured the world for the past fourteen years. She created Peaches Christ Superstar, where she performed the entire rock opera Jesus Christ Superstar as a one-woman show; and she sang the lead role of L Orfeo in a production of Monteverdi s seventeenth-century Italian opera. Peaches s most ambitious work to date was the mythical autobiographical electrorock stage-show-turned-film called Peaches Does Herself. The feature film debuted at the 2012 Toronto Film Festival and was warmly received at over seventy film festivals around the world. Peaches has just completed her first new album in over five years entitled RUB which will be released in 2015. Holger Talinski (b. 1981) is a Berlin-based photographer focusing on portrait and documentary photography. He is also passionate about skateboarding, which was the reason he started taking photos in the first place--to document his and his friends lifestyle. He studied photography in Bielefeld, Germany, and interned in New York with Benedict F. Fernandez, most well-known for photographing Martin Luther King Jr. Holger s work has also been commissioned in Europe, the United States, Thailand, and India. visit holgertalinski [dot] de, and you can reach Holger at hello [at] holgertalinski [dot] de. His photographs appear in What Else Is in the Teaches of Peaches.
- PublisherAkashic Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication16/07/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAkashic Books,U.S.
- Content Note1
- Weight875 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Photographs byHolger Talinski
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.76
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.