All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $22.65Free postage
- AU $23.17Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionPraise for Foster and Magdoff's The Great Financial Crisis In this timely and thorough analysis of the current financial crisis, Foster and Magdoff explore its roots and the radical changes that might be undertaken in response. . . . This book makes a valuable contribution to the ongoing examination of our current debt crisis, one that deserves our full attention.--Publishers WeeklyThere is a growing consensus that the planet is heading toward environmental catastrophe: climate change, ocean acidification, ozone depletion, global freshwater use, loss of biodiversity, and chemical pollution all threaten our future unless we act. What is less clear is how humanity should respond. The contemporary environmental movement is the site of many competing plans and prescriptions, and composed of a diverse set of actors, from militant activists to corporate chief executives.This short, readable book is a sharply argued manifesto for those environmentalists who reject schemes of green capitalism or piecemeal reform. Environmental and ecomic scholars Magdoff and Foster contend that the struggle to reverse ecological degradation requires a firm grasp of ecomic reality. Going further, they argue that efforts to reform capitalism along environmental lines or rely solely on new techlogy to avert catastrophe misses the point. The main cause of the looming environmental disaster is the driving logic of the system itself, and those in power-- matter how green --are incapable of making the changes that are necessary.What Every Environmentalist Needs To Kw about Capitalism tackles the two largest issues of our time, the ecological crisis and the faltering capitalist ecomy, in a way that is thorough, accessible, and sure to provoke debate in the environmental movement.
- Author BiographyFred Magdoff taught at the University of Vermont in Burlington, is a director of the Monthly Review Foundation, and has written on political economy for many years. He is most recently the author (with John Bellamy Foster) of The Great Financial Crisis: Causes and Consequences (Monthly Review Press).
- Author(s)Fred Magdoff,John Bellamy Foster
- PublisherMonthly Review Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication06/06/2011
- SubjectEnvironment & Ecology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMonthly Review Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.