CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionDon't let mold destroy your most valuable investment. There's a black cloud looming over your house. It can rob you and your family of your priceless valuables and sentimental heirlooms. It can take complete control over your house, leaving you destitute, homeless, or, worst of all, deathly ill. That black cloud is a toxic mold that could right w be growing at rapid speed behind your baseboards. Learn how to spot toxic mold and get rid of it before it's too late with the help of What Every Home Owner Needs to Kw About Mold (and What to Do About It) .Your home is most likely your biggest investment. But once Stachybotrys mold takes over, you can kiss that investment good-bye. Award-winning reporter Vicki Lankarge sheds important light on this highly poisous infestation-the asbestos of the new millennium-providing the latest findings about mold and how you as a homeowner can protect yourself from its predatory invasion.Filled with helpful checklists, you'll learn how to combat these microscopic invaders, including: telltale signs of mold infestation, including an earthy or musty odor, sunken areas in baseboards or trim, staining, swelling, or crumbling of plaster or sheetrock; symptoms of mold exposure, ranging in severity from sebleeds, chronic cough, wheezing, skin and eye irritations, to vomiting, memory loss, pulmonary hemorrhaging in infants, and death; and, tips to prevent moisture and mold, including plumbing and grout repairs. It also dicusses about dealing with insurance companies: what to expect from them, what they expect from you, and what to do when a claim goes bad, and avoiding real estate nightmares: before buying a home, demand full disclosure from the sellers regarding all prior water damage ...and make sure it's in your real estate contract! Be prepared to walk away from the deal if they won't sign it. It also includes tips for home sellers: repair any damage related to water intrusion and/or mold infestation before you put your home on the market; document all repairs; and disclose everything.
- Author BiographyVicki Lankarge is an award-winning reporter and magazine writer with more than twenty years of experience covering consumer issues.
- Author(s)Vicki Lankarge
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication21/03/2003
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Inc.,US
- Out-of-print date06/09/2011
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight168 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.