What Every Parent Should Know About Schools, Standards, and High Stakes Tests by Donna E. Walker Tileston (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.40Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $18.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis concise guide for parents and community members demystifies the buzzwords that confront us all in everyday headlines: standards, tests, equity, data, accountability, adequate yearly progress, No Child Left Behind, and more. Written in a reader-friendly style by expert educator and best-selling author Donna Walker Tileston, this guide gives all parents the tools and resources they need to understand how their children are being taught as well as checklists of essential questions to ask when they need more answers than they're being given. Topics include: o Accessing and understanding standards and benchmarks o Understanding how their schools use standards for teaching and testing o Kwledge and skills their children need to be taught o How to help their children prepare for high-stakes tests o What to do if their schools do t make adequate yearly progress o Putting together the questions they need to ask teachers and principals during parent conferences o Resources for understanding the answers they receive This well-priced book covers what every parent should kw about schools today.
- Author BiographyDonna Walker Tileston is a veteran teacher and administrator. She is currently the president of Strategic Teaching and Learning, a consulting firm that provides services to schools throughout the United States and worldwide. Donna's publications include Ten Best Teaching Practices: How Brain Research, Learning Styles, and Standards Define Teaching Competencies (2000), which has been on Corwin's bestseller list since its first year in print, in addition to the ten-volume award-winning series What Every Teacher Should Know, now in its second edition. Other recent titles are Teaching Strategies for Active Learning (2006), Teaching Strategies that Prepare Students for High Stakes Tests (2008), and Closing the Poverty and Culture Gap (2009). Donna received her BA from the University of North Texas, her MA from East Texas State University, and her EdD from Texas A & M University-Commerce. She may be reached at www.whateveryteachershouldknow.com
- Author(s)Donna E. Walker Tileston
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication21/12/2005
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.53
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.09
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.43
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.