What Every Patient, Family, Friend and Caregiver Needs to Know About Psychiatry by Richard W. Roukema (Paperback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $61.16Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $35.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf you care for someone with a mental illness -- whether as a family member, friend, or practitioner -- this hands-on reference is for you. The acclaimed What Every Patient, Family, Friend, and Caregiver Needs to Kw About Psychiatry is w available in a long-awaited second edition. Like the first, it is written in a simple, concise style for the layperson -- and is packed with need-to-kw information on adult psychiatric disorders, including their causes, approaches to treatment, and what caregivers can do to help. It is an excellent resource for therapist's waiting room. What Every Patient, Family, Friend, and Caregiver Needs to Kw About Psychiatry features a wealth of immediately usable guidance for caregivers. It's an excellent text for introduction to psychiatry classes in colleges and nursing schools for helping students develop valuable kwledge and skills to apply in practice. This one-stop resource is the first place to turn for practical guidance for the latest research-based techniques. You'll * Get a solid understanding of the causes of psychiatric disorders, including stress, genetics and heredity, and emotional and physical problems* Develop hands-on skills for the full range of emotional and mental disorders, including psychosomatic disorders, anxiety, substance abuse, sexual problems, loss, personality and mood disorders, schizophrenia, and cognitive disorders such as Alzheimer's disease * Find out how the psychiatrist should function in the patient-caregiver-doctor relationship -- and learn how to choose a psychotherapist. This second edition has been extensively revised and updated with new information on diagstic techniques and brain scans, the role of genetics, new medications and psychotherapeutic approaches, and more. In addition, it features a unique and illuminating look at mental health in our post-9/11 nation, including the rising incidence of posttraumatic stress disorder. Whether you're a social worker or psychologist, nurse or other professional, friend or family member, you'll get a sound framework to help you achieve better results. Caring for a person with mental illness requires kwledge, skill, understanding, and strength. What Every Patient, Family, Friend, and Caregiver Needs to Kw About Psychiatry gives you a source of guidance and techniques that will make you more confident and successful in your role as practitioner or caregiver.
- Author BiographyRichard W. Roukema, M.D., F.A.P.A., is Clinical Associate Professor of Psychiatry at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (UMDNJ) in Newark, New Jersey. He also serves as Clinical Director of Mental Health Services at Ramapo Ridge Psychiatric Hospital in Wyckoff, New Jersey, a division of the Christian Health Care Center.
- Author(s)Richard W. Roukema
- PublisherAmerican Psychiatric Association Publishing
- Date of Publication26/08/2003
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationVA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Psychiatric Press Inc.
- Weight540 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.