All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionCatholicism teaches that marriage is for life; divorced Catholics are forbidden to remarry. Annulment is the only way around this prohibition, but until recently annulments were extremely rare. Since Vatican II, however, there has been an astonishing increase in the number of annulments in the USA. This book explores how and why the American system became geared to the mass-production of annulments. Pathbreaking and provocative, it will be of intense interest to clergy and laity alike, and to all who are concerned with the state of the Church today.
- Author BiographyRobert Vasoli is a retired Associate Professor of Sociology at the University of Notre Dame. He is frequently consulted by the media and by laypersons on the issue of annulment. He lives in South Bend, Indiana.
- Author(s)Robert H. Vasoli
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/1998
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1998
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Notebibliography
- Weight514 g
- Width161 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.