All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.79
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.52
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $19.05
- AU $10.90Trending at AU $17.96
- AU $12.64Trending at AU $17.63
About this product
- DescriptionRecipient of a 1993 Newbery Hor, this vel is an achingly beautiful, powerfully rendered journey through childhood that is t to be missed, w available in a new edition with a striking new cover. From an outstandingly perceptive writer, a moving portrait of a boy, observed at four revealing turning points. -- Pointer Review/Kirkus Reviews Combines fast, exciting action with an astonishing ending that proves the power of the individual imagination. -- Starred Review/ALA Booklist Asa-possessed of rare sweetness, humor, and inner strength-survives intact cruel tests of his integrity, intellect, and sense of decency. From an outstandingly perceptive writer, a moving portrait of a boy, observed at four revealing turning points. -K. Told with controlled imagery, insightful illumination of motive and the needs of his characters, Brooks has proven himself once again a master of language. -BL.
1993 Newbery Hor Book Notable Children's Books of 1993 (ALA) 1993 Best Books for Young Adults (ALA) 1993 Fanfare Hor List (The Horn Book) 1993 Teachers' Choices (IRA) 1993 Books for the Teen Age (NY Public Library)
- Author BiographyBruce Brooks was born in Virginia and began writing fiction at age ten. He graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 1972 and from the University Of Iowa Writer's Workshop in 1980. He has worked as a newspaper reporter, a magazine writer, newsletter editor, movie critic, teacher and lecturer. Bruce Brooks has twice received the Newbery Honor, first in 1985 for Moves Make the Man, and again in 1992 for What Hearts. He is also the author of Everywhere, Midnight Hour Encores, Asylum for Nightface, Vanishing, and Throwing Smoke. He lives in Brooklyn, NY.
- Author(s)Bruce Brooks
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication19/05/1999
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight99 g
- Width106 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Reading Age10+
- Interest AgeFrom 13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.