All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHIT - Histamine Intolerance - is a condition that affects many people but remains largely undiagsed. The symptoms of histamine intolerance (HIT) are caused by the inability of the body to break down histamine sufficiently. These symptoms can appear very like an allergy and can cause stomach and intestinal complaints, migraine, tiredness and skin problems, to name but a few. This is in most cases because of the reduced activity or low presence of an enzyme called diamine oxidase (DAO), which is mainly responsible for breaking down histamine and other biogenic amines ingested through food. Foods that are kwn culprits include: red wine, ready meals, cured meats, mature cheeses, tomatoes and aubergines. It can make people's lives a total misery. But it CAN be brought under control with the RIGHT DIAGNOSIS and the RIGHT DIET. This book is a guide to how to achieve both. It helps both health professionals and patients gain insight. After the great success of the first edition, this second edition contains a new section on the different points of view about diagsis as well as a second food list - a tolerance index which resulted from a survey of 800 participants who judged 109 foods according to their individual threshold - side by side with the scientifically based food list. CONTENTS
- Histamine Intolerance - In a nutshell
- How do I find out if I have HIT?
- Other intolerances -DAO and its closest friends and helpers
- What HIT is t
- Specially for the ladies - HIT's favourite targets
- How do I find out what to eat or t?
- What do I need to do at home?
- How do I keep the family happy?
- How can I deal with this at work?
- What do I need to keep in mind when shopping?
- What consequences are there for my social life?
- Meat - the good...the bad and the ugly
- Fish - the good... and the ugly
- Milk and Dairy Products - essentials
- Fruit & Vegetables - the little labyrinth
- Bread & Baking
- The problem with alcohol!
- Pharmaceuticals, food additives, E-numbers and other culprits
- Food lists and supplements
- Short summary of therapy options
- The Food Diary
- Author BiographyGenny Masterman, whose life was made a misery by HIT, has now published a book she hopes will provide basic information for fellow-sufferers, as well as documenting her long road to diagnosis and to managing the condition - and includes some recipes. Genny, who has worked on many prime time TV productions, knows first-hand how hard it is. She got her life back and now she wants to help fellow HIT-sufferers get back to enjoying theirs.
- Author(s)Genny Masterman
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication01/05/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight250 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.91Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.60Trending at AU $37.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.