All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionHuman actions are never without purpose - even if we don't always consciously kw what that purpose is. Riding as exercise, riding as competition, riding as social life, riding as countryside experience, riding as teaching and learning...all these give riders meaning and satisfaction. Even n-horsy people, and those with emotional and psychological problems who have therapeutic contact with horses, can find that their lives have been transformed for the better. There must be more, and deeper, benefits...What is going on when horses and humans encounter each other?In this important book, Wendy Jago draws upon her experiences as a rider and as a teacher, psychotherapist and coach to offer some professional and personal insights into horse-human relationships. Drawing on a variety of disciplines and upon her own struggles and successes as a rider she begins to unravel some of the fascinating and profound gifts that horses offer us - just by being themselves. She shows that without artifice, without manipulation, without disguise, they offer us a mirror to our true selves, giving us the opportunity for self-discovery and self-ownership in a way that human relationships often fail to do. And so they bring us gifts of inestimable value: reflection, presence, spaciousness, influence, poise, self-acceptance, authenticity, transcendence, engagement and connection. No wonder we want to spend time with them.
- Author BiographyWendy Jago is an NLP Master Practitioner, coach and trainer and also a regular rider and List 3 dressage judge. Formerly a lecturer at Sussex and Brighton Universities, she now concentrates on coaching, writing books and offering short courses through the designer learning company that she runs with her colleague Jan Pye. Wendy is co-author of three books: Effective Communication in Practice (with Jan Pye) and The NLP Coach and Brief NLP Therapy (both with Ian McDermott). She is also sole author of Solo Schooling, Schooling Problems Solved with NLP and Score More for Dressage.
- Author(s)Wendy Jago
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/2009
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJ.A.Allen & Co Ltd
- Content Notecolour photographs
- Weight794 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.