CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $20.05
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
About this product
- DescriptionSue Thornham's study explores issues in feminist filmmaking through an examination of a wide range of films by women filmmakers, ranging from the avant-garde to mainstream Hollywood, and from the 1970s to the present day, discussing directors including Sally Potter, Jane Campion, Julie Dash, Patricia Rozema and Lynne Ramsay.
- Author BiographySUE THORNHAM is Professor of Media and Film and Head of School at the University of Sussex, UK. She is the author of Passionate Detachments: An Introduction to Feminist Film Theory (1996), Feminist Theory and Cultural Studies (2001) and Women, Feminism and Media (2007); the co-author, with Tony Purvis, of Television Drama: Theories and Identities (2005); the editor of Feminist Film Theory: A Reader (1999), and the co-editor, with Caroline Bassett and Paul Marris, of Media Studies: A Reader (3rd edition 2009).
- Author(s)Sue Thornham
- PublisherBritish Film Institute
- Date of Publication04/07/2012
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBFI Publishing
- Content Notebiography
- Weight548 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.