What If it's Not Alzheimer's?: A Caregiver's Guide to Dementia by Lisa Radin, Gary Radin (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.17Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $26.93+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough the public most often associates dementia with Alzheimer s disease, the medical profession w distinguishes various types of other dementias. This book is the first and only comprehensive guide dealing with frontotemporal degeneration (FTD), one of the largest groups of n-Alzheimer s dementias. The contributors are either specialists in their fields or have exceptional hands-on experience with FTD sufferers. Beginning with a focus on the medical facts, the first part defines and explores FTD as an illness distinct from Alzheimer s disease. Also considered are clinical and medical care issues and practices, as well as such topics as finding a medical team and rehabilitation interventions. The next section on managing care examines the daily care routine including exercise, socialization, adapting the home environment, and behavioral issues. In the following section on caregiver resources, the contributors identify professional and government assistance programs along with private resources and legal options. The final section focuses on the caregiver, in particular the need for respite and the challenge of managing emotions. This new, completely revised edition follows recent worldwide collaboration in research and provides the most current medical information available, a better understanding of the different classifications of FTD, and more clarity regarding the role of genetics. The wealth of information offered in these pages will help both healthcare professionals and caregivers of someone suffering from frontotemporal degeneration.
- Author BiographyGary Radin (Mullica Hill, NJ) and his mother, Lisa Radin (Las Vegas, NV), provided complete in-home care for father and husband Neil Radin over a four-year period. In 1998, they established the Neil L. Radin Caregivers Relief Foundation. They are both support-group facilitators and have been involved in planning and coordinating FTD caregiver conferences.
- Author(s)Gary Radin,Lisa Radin
- PublisherPrometheus Books
- Date of Publication21/10/2014
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationAmherst
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrometheus Books
- Weight531 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $87.24New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $33.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.97
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.