All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhy are some places on Earth hot and dry? Why do other places have thick, lush forests? Why are some places blanketed with sw during the winter while others get lots of rain? The answers to these questions can be summed up in one word: climate! Focusing on temperature, precipitation, and other factors, this book uses real-life examples to explain what climate is to young readers. Filled with information perfectly suited to the abilities and interests of an early elementary audience, this colorful, fact-filled volume gives readers a chance t only to learn about climate, but also to develop their powers of observation and critical thinking. From graphics that illustrate temperature and rainfall ranges to comparisons that show how a reader's home climate compares to other climates around the world, this book makes learning about the forces affecting climate a fun, lively experience.
- Author(s)Ellen Lawrence
- PublisherBearport Publishing
- Date of Publication01/01/2012
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleWeather Wise
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBearport Publishing
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width203 mm
- Height259 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.