Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $54.98Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $100.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book marks an important watershed in the development of psychotherapy. It provides examples of how psychotherapeutic research and the abilities to carry it out can help the practising psychotherapist. A lack of relative kwledge of research in psychotherapy, a history of apparent defensiveness is being evaluated, and a reluctance to work with universities has developed in psychotherapy. The papers represent a cross-section of current research thinking from within the UKCP, North America and Continental Europe. It will prove useful for students and practitioners of psychotherapy, as well as those more traditionally engaged in psychotherapeutic research.The book has been divided into five sections: Section One outlines what is meant by psychotherapeutic research and gives an overview of the features of different research methods. Section Two describes how to get started in the use of qualitative and quantitative methods. Section Three focuses on research into the process of psychotherapy. Section Four concentrates on research into the outcomes of psychotherapy. Section Five investigates researching the therapist and the therapeutic context.It is hoped that they will inspire current and trainee practitioners to develop themselves and their practice through research. The United Kingdon Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP), established in 1993, promotes the art and science of psychotherapy through research and education, and maintains high standards of training and practice in psychotherapy and the wider provision of psychotherapy for public benfit.
- Author BiographyDel Loewenthal is Professor of Psychotherapy and Counselling, and Director of the Research Centre for Therapeutic Education, at the University of Roehampton where he also convenes Doctoral programmes. He is an analytic psychotherapist, chartered psychologist and photographer. He is founding editor of the 'European Journal of Psychotherapy and Counselling'. He is chair of the Universities Psychotherapy and Counselling Association and former founding chair of the UK Council for Psychotherapy Research committee. He also has a small private practice in Wimbledon and Brighton. David Winter is Professor of Clinical Psychology and Course Director of the Doctorate in Clinical Psychology at the University of Hertfordshire. He is Head of Clinical Psychology Services and Coordinator of Research for the Barnet, Enfield and Haringey Mental Health Trust.
- PublisherKarnac Books
- Date of Publication01/03/2006
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleThe United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKarnac Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight562 g
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byDavid Winter,Del Loewenthal
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.48New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.26Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.