All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionQui tam litigation is unique. Doctrinally, qui tam litigation calls into play concepts that are nexistent in other arenas. Procedurally, qui tam litigation invokes numerous rules unique to qui tam actions that are completely foreign to most federal litigators even though much of qui tam litigation takes place in the federal court system. The purpose of this book, therefore, is to give healthcare practitioners a basic overview of qui tam lawsuits under the FCA from stem to stern.
- Author BiographyMonica P. Navarro is a partner in the Vezina Law Group, with officesin Birmingham, Michigan and New Orleans, Louisiana, where sheheads the firm s healthcare group. For over twenty-years, Monicahas specialized in healthcare, business, and fraud and abuse laws, as well as related litigation. A summa cum laude graduate, Monicais an alum of the University of Michigan Law School and of FloridaInternational University. She is a former federal judicial law-clerk tothe Honorable Julian Abele Cook, Jr., in the United States DistrictCourt Eastern District of Michigan. She is also a Professor Emeritusof the Western Michigan University Thomas M. Cooley Law School, where she taught civil procedure and health law for six years. Yearafter year, Monica has been the recipient of numerous professionaldistinctions, including Crain s Detroit Business 40 Under 40 honoree, a Michigan Super Lawyer, a Michigan Top 50 Lawyer, and aMichigan Top 20 Women in the Law. Monica is a frequent speaker andis widely published on health law topics and FCA matters, includingMateriality: A Needed Return to Basics in False Claims Act Liability,43 University of Memphis Law Review 105 (Fall 2012) and A Look at theConstitutional Implications of Retrospective Laws: The Case of theFalse Claims Act, 28:1 Thomas M. Cooley Law Review 96 (Winter 2011).Monica holds a variety of leadership positions with the Bar, includingas Council-Member of the State Bar of Michigan Health Law Section, Vice-Chair of the Editorial Board of the ABA s The Health Lawyer, andVice-Chair of the ABA s Health Law Section Publications Committee.Monica s representative matters include FMF class action litigation($24 million); Johnson & Johnson in re Topamax litigation ($89million); and GE Healthcare in re Myoview litigation ($30 million).Monica is licensed in Michigan and Illinois and is admitted to practicein numerous courts, including the United States Supreme Court. J. Marc Vezina is a managing partner of the Vezina Law Group, with offices in Birmingham, Michigan and New Orleans, Louisiana.His practice focuses on Qui Tam litigation specifically and fraud andabuse cases generally throughout the country. Marc has an accomplishedtrack record in Qui Tam litigation, having been lead counselin cases which have recovered over half a billion dollars, includinga settlement with Merck of over $250,000,000 in the Eastern Districtof Louisiana. Marc often serves as special trial counsel in complexcases throughout the country and is an appointed Special AssistantAttorney General for the State of Louisiana, where he tries complexdamage cases and consumer protection matters. In additionto presenting and lecturing on Qui Tam litigation and a wide varietyof medical and legal issues for bar and professional organizationsnationwide, he is a visiting professor at Our Lady of Holy Cross CollegeSchool of Nursing, where he teaches on risk management andfraud and abuse issues. Marc is also an active pilot who regularlycounsels clients on aviation matters, including aircraft brokerage, licensing, acquisition, and ownership issues; and is general counselto numerous educational, religious, and charitable organizationsthroughout the country. He is licensed in Louisiana, Michigan, Georgia, and Texas.
- Author(s)Joseph Marc Vezina,Monica P Navarro
- PublisherAmerican Bar Association
- Date of Publication07/08/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Bar Association
- Weight181 g
- Width147 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.94Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.