All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA house is a home for you, a nest is a home for a bird, and a cave is a home for a bear. But for some animals a shell is a home. Snails and turtles and crabs and clams all have shells that act as their homes and protect them from harm. This Level 1 Let's-Read-and-Find-Out picture book is a fascinating exploration of the many creatures that make a home in a shell. Now rebranded with a new cover look, this classic picture book features rich marine vocabulary and beautifully accurate illustrations of the many types of shells-inside and out! Young readers will love exploring the fascinating homes of creatures like hermit crabs, scallops, and turtles. Both text and artwork were expert-reviewed for accuracy. This is a Level 1 Let's-Read-and-Find-Out, which means the book explores introductory concepts perfect for children in the primary grades and supports the Common Core Learning Standards and Next Generation Science Standards. Let's-Read-and-Find-Out is the winner of the American Association for the Advancement of Science/Subaru Science Books & Films Prize for Outstanding Science Series.
- Author BiographyKathleen Weidner Zoehfeld is the award-winning author of more than seventy books for children. She has written several books in the Let's Read And Find Out Science series, including: WHAT LIVES IN A SHELL?, an NSTA/CBC Outstanding Science Trade Book and winner of the American Association for the Advancement of Science's Best Children's Book award; WHAT IS THE WORLD MADE OF?, a Children's Book of the Month Club Main Selection; WHAT'S ALIVE?, also named an AAAS Best Children's Book ; HOW MOUNTAINS ARE MADE, an NSTA/CBC Outstanding Science Trade Book, DINOSAUR TRACKS, a great choice for even the most discriminating dinophiles (School Library Journal); and DINOSAURS BIG AND SMALL, winner of the Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Best Book Award Kathleen was a children's book editor for over ten years before becoming a full-time writer. When she is not reading, researching, writing, or editing she loves to spend her free time exploring, doing fieldwork, and preparing and curating fossils for her local natural history museums. She lives in Berkeley, CA. Helen K. Davie's lovely watercolors have appeared in many children's books, including What Lives in a Shell? by Kathleen Weidner Zoehfield, and Animals in Winter by Henrietta Bancroft and Richard G. Van Gelder. She lives in Templeton, CA.
- Author(s)Kathleen Weidner Zoehfeld
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication04/08/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleLets-Read-and-Find-Out Science Stage 1
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight131 g
- Width254 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Helen K. Davie
- Interest AgeFrom 4
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.